Last Updated: January 26th, 2016
As a service that allows you to confidentially send messages via email, text, chat, and any other means that Confidential CC Corp. and our affiliates (collectively, "CCC") develop from time to time, we take the confidentiality, privacy, and security of your information very seriously.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account using your existing email account, use the Services to send or receive messages and other content, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, phone number, age, billing information, and any other information you choose to provide.
When you send or receive messages using our standard setting, we collect, process and store the contents of those messages on our secure servers. The contents of those messages are also stored on the devices of recipients. Our servers and recipients’ devices may retain residual copies of those messages until such time as they are deleted in the ordinary course.
When you send or receive messages using our confidential setting, the contents of those messages are sent through our secure servers to the selected recipient(s). Our Services use deletion techniques that erase the content of messages at both the server and device levels. After a recipient has viewed and closed a message on its device, no trace of the message remains on our server or the sender's and recipient's devices.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
We are committed to limiting our collection of information to only what is necessary to provide you with our Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage Information: When you send or receive messages via our Services, depending on the confidentiality settings you have selected, we may collect information about these messages, including the time, date, sender and recipient of the message. You may limit the information we collect by modifying your confidentiality settings
Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information.
Certain features of the Services require access to your device's address book and image storage applications. If you later decide to revoke your consent and prevent us from continuing to access your address book and image storage applications, you can do so by either changing the settings on your device, if this settings option is provided by your device operating system, or by following the standard uninstall process and removing our Services from your device. On iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your phonebook and image storage applications by changing the settings on your device.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: You may also use our Services through our website(s). We use various technologies to collect information through our website(s), and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels").
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. CCC uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
CCC may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device or by changing your settings within our Services, as applicable to your device.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to provide additional features and content for your messages;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by CCC and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- CCC is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With other users when you send them messages, including your username and the contents of the messages you send them, subject to your selected confidentiality settings;
- In response to a warrant or other legal process if we believe disclosure is required by applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, and provided that we have first provided you notice of such process if we are legally permitted to do so;
- In order to internally investigate or remedy potential violations of our Terms of Service, user agreements or policies;
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Links to Third Parties
CCC uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information, including by hosting such information in a highly secure, fully redundant data center. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CCC and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Services is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, CCC uses its best efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If CCC learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CCC may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs.
CCC does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Services is directed to or intended to be used by persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Services at any time or in any manner. If CCC learns that personal information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected through the Services, then CCC may deactivate the relevant account in its sole discretion.
To contact us, please send us an email at email@example.com.